Strategic PlanningPrior to investing the money for Cloud computing & deploying cloud applications clients should essentially think requirements, strategically plan them for business needs.
Users must consider the below-listed issues:
- Client accessing facility
- Budget requirement
- Type of deployment - private, public, community or hybrid
- Privacy and Data security
- Data backup requirement
- Data export requirement
- Requirement of training
Thus, it is should form an mindset with strategies to meet these requirements and how to productively utilize them. So we should talk about the different planning phases of cloud that should be practiced by a enterprise prior to making their hands dirty by selecting the cloud technology.
Phases of Strategy PlanningThe three main phases are :-
- Strategy Phase
- Planning Phase
- Deployment Phase
- Strategy Phase : Here, users discuss about the problems that customers might encounter.
There are two steps of examining this phase:
- Value proposition of Cloud technology : It involves IT management simplifications maintaining cost decrease, minimal expense reevaluating, high QoS (quality of service>
outsourcing & innovation in the business model.
- Strategy planning of Cloud technology :Based on analysis of value proposition, the strategy is established; and the strategy documentation is made according to the problems the customer might encounter while using cloud technology.
The steps of planning are -
- Development of Business Architecture
- Development of IT Architecture
- QOS development requirement
- Development of Transformation plan
- Selecting appropriate providers of Cloud : his selection is made based on SLA (Service Level Agreement>
, which defines the level of service the cloud-provider will provide.
- Maintaining the Technical Service :The provider must ensure the proper maintenance of services by providing the best Quality of Service to their users.
Strategy Life CycleThe cloud technology adaptation strategy includes the following:
- Planning for utilizing cloud technology
- Capabilities of an enterprise
- Target architecture require
- Transition planning & gap analysis
- Planning to implement cloud
- Governance & significance of SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture>