Trojans hide themselves in healthy processes. However we should underline that Trojans infect outside machines only with the assistance of a computer user, like clicking a file that comes attached with email from an unknown person, plugging USB without scanning, opening unsafe URLs.
Trojans have several malicious functions −
- They create backdoors to a system. Hackers can use these backdoors to access a victim system and its files. A hacker can use Trojans to edit and delete the files present on a victim system, or to observe the activities of the victim.
- Trojans can steal all your financial data like bank accounts, transaction details, PayPal related information, etc. These are called Trojan-Banker.
- Trojans can use the victim computer to attack other systems using Denial of Services.
- Trojans can encrypt all your files and the hacker may thereafter demand money to decrypt them. These are Ransomware Trojans.
- They can use your phones to send SMS to third parties. These are called SMS Trojans.
Trojan Information :If you have found a virus and want to investigate further regarding its function, then we will recommend that you have a look at the following virus databases, which are offered generally by antivirus vendors.
- Kaspersky Virus database − https://www.kaspersky.com
- F-secure − https://www.f-secure.com
- Symantec – Virus Encyclopedia − https://www.symantec.com
Quick Tips :
- Install a good antivirus and keep it updated.
- Don’t open email attachments coming from unknown sources.
- Don’t accept invitation from unknown people in social media.
- Don’t open URLs sent by unknown people or URLs that are in weird form.